Number of bedrooms: 2 (plus loft), sleeps 6
Number of bathrooms: 1
Appliances and furnishings: refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, television, VCR, DVD player, barbeque. Please bring your own drinking water, linens and towels.
This spacious 2,000 square foot open-concept cottage will provide your group with ample space to spread out. The cottage has been newly built and the windows give you a wonderful view of Bass Lake.
This cottage offers a wonderful working kitchen with lots of counter top. The main bedroom is very large and has a queen-size, a double and a single bed, and you will find a queen-size bed in the other bedroom. Upstairs in the loft area there is a TV and air hockey game for the children to enjoy on rainy days and there is also ample space in the downstairs living room to relax beside the wood stove. Better yet, have an outdoor campfire at the waterfront fire pit. Please bring your own firewood or purchase it at Powell's Sawmill.
While there is no washer and dryer at this cottage, laundromats can be found in the town of Orillia, which is only 8 minutes away. After all, you are on holidays; drop your laundry off and have it folded for you for a minimal fee. Orillia offers many other amenities, so you have the best of both worlds: the privacy of waterfront accommodation and the amenities of a larger center. Mountain biking is available at Horseshoe Valley and Hardwood Hills, which are both about 15 minutes away. Casino Rama is only 25 minutes away. This cottage is available year round and for the winter enthusiasts, you are also very close to both downhill and cross country skiing.
Get back in touch with Mother Nature… get in touch with us to rent this wonderful spot, located just 90 minutes north of Toronto.
There is always something to do at Stillwaters Cottage, no matter what season it may be!
SPECIAL ANNUAL EVENTS
· Orillia Winter Carnival (Feb)
· Orillia Perch Festival (Apr/May) - one of Canada’s largest registered fishing derbies
· Spring Boat, Cottage & Outdoor Show (Jun)
· Christmas in June (Jun) - decorated boat contest, turkey dinner
· Scottish Festival (Jul)
· Centre of Power Poker Run (Jul)
· Centre of Power Boat & Cottage Show (Aug) - one of Canada’s largest in-water boat shows
· Rock ‘N Roll Tribute & Classic Car Show (Aug)
· Mnjikaning Thanksgiving Pow Wow (Oct)
· Orillia Fall Fair (Sep)
· Orillia Santa Claus Parade (Nov)
· Casino Rama (25 minutes away - call for shows & times)
· OPP Museum
· Stephen Leacock Museum
· Orillia Farmers’ Market (year round)
· Dave Beckett Art Gallery & Studio
· Lightfoot Trail - Trans Canada Trail (rent bikes at Moose Beach, take your
x-country skis or walk for a great workout)
· Orillia Boat Cruises (mid-June to mid-October)
· Wildlife Sanctuary (opposite side of Bass Lake)
· Tree-top Trekking
· Mountain Biking
· Hummer Rides
· Horseback Riding
· Hiking Trails (Scout Valley)
· Stock Car Racing (Barrie & Innisfil)
· Sainte-Marie Among the Hurons (Midland)
· Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre (Midland)
· Martyrs’ Shrine (Midland)
· Big Chute Marine Railway
· Santa’s Village (Bracebridge)
· Horseshoe Resort (15 min - tubing also)
· Hardwood Hills (20 min - Cross Country and Snow Shoeing)
· Moonstone (30 min)
· Snow Valley (30 min - tubing and skiing/snowboarding)
· Blue Mountain (1hr)
· Orillia Opera House
· King’s Warf Theatre (Midland)
· Galaxy Cinemas (8 min. - 6 Cinemas)
· Orillia Square Mall
· Downtown Orillia (Mississaga St) - Don’t Miss the Mariposa Market if you have a sweet tooth!)
· Cookstown Manufacturers’ Outlet Mall (HWY 400 & 89 - approx 40 mins.)
· Wide variety
Waterfront: 90 feet of shoreline. Level, sandy and shallow.
Hospital: 10 minutes to Soldiers Memorial Hospital in Orillia
General Store: within ten minutes
Check-in: Saturday after 3:00 PM.
Check-out: Saturday at 11:00 AM.
Chalets on the Web does not guarantee the accuracy of the information for each listing. It is the responsibility of the owner to keep us updated as to any changes to the property. It is the renter's complete responsibility for any action taken.